Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Deep Sea Second

Andrew McMahon of Something Corporate: Somedays all I do is watch the sky. Of course, in his context, this statement was less relatable. Watch the sky. Watching the sky. Watching the sky? What for? Maybe because the sky will never ever look like it does this very second. Go look at the sky. The clouds, the moon, the stars, the color. The sky is God's canvas, and it's constantly changing. Right now, 10:17 P.M. June 10, 2009 is the only 10:17 P.M. June 10, 2009 that will ever exist. Minutes only live to be sixty seconds old. (How depressing does that sound?) Don't waste your minutes. Don't waste a good sky by doing something stupid under it. Embrace it and savor it. :) Savor it. I haven't found the words to explain what this is supposed mean. Please comment if this makes any sense at all. And go look at this sky, it will never be here again.

2 comments:

  1. Love! One of my favorite things is looking at the night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it. I have had the perspective for years and I didnt know anyone else did. I am so lucky to have a friend who understands my "sudden reality" moments!

    ReplyDelete