Tuesday, December 28, 2010

the days with you tend to carry a tune

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about people. How many I know, how many I don't know, how many I kind of know, how many I don't know exist, how many I will know. And how they're all different. And how every single person I know has allowed me a small role in their story. How comforting it is that these people I know have let me in to see how they work and who they are. How lovely it is that they've chosen to let me share in their moments, and memories, and decisions. Me, just another plain old human being. Them, just extraordinary creations that appear, from the outside, as just plain old human beings. I'm just so blessed, so grateful, for them all. If I know them, if I have known them, if I will know them. Anyone. They're all so beautifully complex, and bit by bit, day by day, I learn more about one of them here and there. They never really get old, people I mean. You never run out of people to meet or things to know about them. The curiousity sector of my life is thriving of depth and inspiration thanks to a certain handful of these lovely beings. Most of whom I've just met in the last year.
It's mind-blowing that all of these people's paths were meant to cross mine. God knows why I know them. It's a mystery to me, but truly don't mind at all.

You've all taught me everything I know about loving, breathing, driving, priorities, algebra 2, music, and which coffee shops have the best chai. Everything.

Thank you.

1 comment: