Sunday, February 10, 2013

xo

when the wind blows i know that love is real. when strangers ask me how i am i know that love is real. When my mother buys me bananas without me asking her for them at all, i know that love is real. i do not want to explain myself.
Do you think that trees get sad when they see sticks on the ground, knowing that their own little pieces are lying about, all broken and small? Pieces.peaces.
today my heart broke and i know that love is real. I’ve heard it said that all moments exist in this one and i am begging the Lord for that to be false because i need another day
to not look like this one.
What is enough? why isn’t it a sin to say goodbye?
and i know the kingdom aches to see me cry, but my heart is making rain   because things won’t be the same.
It is clockwork how clocks work- telling us everything we would rather not know. Damn the clocks for telling us when it is always time to go.
Do clocks go to heaven? I hope not.
it is always time to go.
i let some seasons foster sorrow-but today i cried next to a tree- and the sun broke through the leaves. and the light touched my face, and i smiled, the light went into my face and the light became a part of me.
sometimes children are sad and free.

Words. I have a lot and you have a little but i will share and if words were food, i would make certain, that you were never ever hungry.
words are food.
If the word “stay” was a food it would be an exotic seed or nut found only in dense uncharted forests because it exists indefinitely but it is rare and hard to believe in sometimes.
sometimes you can feel in your bones
what tomorrow holds.
and damn those bones for not speaking,
but thank you bones,
because though sometimes you feel empty,
you’re really always whole.

1 comment: