Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Clicking Machines

Six hours, one room, forty-two ceiling tiles, twenty-seven cords, seven doctors,and nine clicking machines. It's hard to hate hospitals because they help so many people. But at the same time, they destory them. I was there for hardly anytime, but while I was I was so inspired.
Travis, the x-ray technician who quite obviously wore Axe, put me in a wheelchair and took me to the lab. I was fascinated. The hospital. It's so huge.
"Hospitals are really big." I told Travis when we left the ER wing.
"Pardon?" He didn't hear me. I mumble.
"The hospital. It's really big." I hate repeating myself.
"Hahaha." How was that funny? "Yeah. It's kind of a maze around here."
"Like highschool.." I said to myself. Travis didn't hear me.

Then, I went back to my room and the PA turned on some random TV channel.
This show about hoarders was on. I learned that a hoarder is someone who keeps stuff. Like, everything. EVERYTHING. Trash, take out boxes, wrapping paper, hangers, mail. Every. Thing. The hoarder lady was being interviewed about a plastic hanger. The interviewer asked what was important about it. "Well, I've never been one for crafts. I was thinking I could give it away. To someone who likes crafts. And they could crush it into little pieces and they could make something out of it. If I found someone, I'd crush it up myself for them. I would put it in a little box and everything and take it to them, myself. As long as they'd use it."
A hanger. Hoarding is considered a mental disability.
Anyways. It made me think. Some people are hoarders like..with their lives. They never let things go. They hold onto one trace of every memory, every emotion, every experience. They don't forgive. They don't forget.They just let every bad thing in their life pile up, and drown them. Don't be like that.
I can't stand being in a hospital room, with nurses outside that yell at you when you just get up and walk out. I did that. I was so confined, I just got up and left. Then they all got fierce and said I had to wait for them to take out my IV and some other crap that I didn't hear because I was mad. I am the WIND. Geez.
But when they did let me out, I went outside and looked up at the sky. There were no stars, because I was by so much city. The sky wasn't dark blue, it was like..brown. But somehow, it was still perfect. A blue-brown starless sky is so much better than forty-two ceiling tiles and nine clicking machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment