Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ambivivalance Towards Humanity

I like people. They're...ok. Fascinating, actually. But I hate that they can be so generic and predictable. Yet have all this crap saying how original they are. Like that stupid picture from google images, of the bright yellow tack on a bulletin board full of gray tacks. It's on freaking google images. All of society has access to it. That means they can all post it to their profile at whatever.com. They can all print it off and put in their locker. Everyone will become a yellow tack. And the gray tacks will begin to be the special ones. But then there are those individuals, who make it worth it to put up with all the yellow tack carbon copies. People like Katie, and Haley, and Erica, and Ashley. People who design their own clothes, not because "Omg! No one else will have them! I'll be a total trendsetter!" but because they're bursting with self expression and ideas that the world has never experienced. Also, it really irritates me that people think they're going to marry the...JONAS BROTHERS. Get. A. Life. No Jonas Brother is going to marry you. 1. Joe is too conceited to acknowledge anyone. 2. Nick's life has been consumed by "looking cool" and not smiling 3. Kevin...Kevin's gay. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Notice, they have not moved back to Pennsylvania or whatever. Hello: Prop. 8. Ok, I'm done with them. I'm going to wrap this up. Stop being a yellow tack. Be a tack that is a color that no one has seen or expected, better yet, don't be a tack. Be something else. Be you.

5 comments:

  1. I know I already said this, but this is seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I already said this, but Thank you. May I ask what makes it so amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It shows that you're not just the kind of person that goes through life just to live, but you reflect, and unlike the vast majority of people in america. You think. You have a voice. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu so much :)

    ReplyDelete